Edward Taliaferro Warren, MD, FACC, FACS
Dr. Warren is one of the area’s most esteemed physicians, having been the attending cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon at NPMC for more than 15 years and providing heart care for 30 years. Dr. Warren is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgery. This means that he has achieved board certification in both cardiovascular surgery and general surgery.
Prior to his work at NPMC, he was the assistant chief of cardiothoracic surgery at the University of Mississippi. Dr. Warren is a unique surgeon for the area, due to his extremely high level of training. Dr. Warren performs procedures on the heart, lungs, aorta, carotid arteries in the neck, small vessels in the legs, major vessels in the legs, and much more. Whereas many of today’s physicians are trained in either cardiac or vascular procedures, Dr. Warren is fully trained and skilled in both. Dr. Warren is also the only CV surgeon in Hot Springs performing the VATS (Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Lobectomy) procedure to treat certain types of lung cancer.
Dr. Warren earned his medical degree and completed his internship at University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson. His completed residencies at Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston General Surgery and University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson.
Cardiovascular Surgery and General Surgery
- Medical School: University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson
- Internship: University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson
- Residency: Cardiovascular Surgery – Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston General Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson
Daniel McCoy, MD, FACS
Cardiovascular, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Undergraduate: University of Virginia
- Medical School: Medical University of South Carolina
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Mississippi
- Residency: Thoracic Surgery – University of Tennessee in Memphis